When it comes to a ventilator patient, you have to be extremely cautious of what you are doing. There are certain guidelines and care tips that need to be followed diligently. If you have to take care of a ventilator patient, and it is your shift for the day, here are a few things to keep in mind.
1. If you are unsure about anything or any kind of equipment in the ventilator, find doctor in Chandigarh and communicate clearly. It is not advisable for someone without formal training to mess around with the machine.
2. Check the settings like oxygen saturation, breathing sounds, note changes from all the previous findings, anxiety levels and patient’s pain levels and more. Make sure you are keeping an eye on all the modes of the ventilator to keep a track.
3. Now, patients who are getting positive pressure have a nasotracheal tube. You need to check for the suction appropriately, the hyper oxygenate of the patient needs to be accurate and do not instill any normal saline solution in the endotracheal tube.
4. Your patient cannot tell you how they are feeling, but you can check the reliable scale to see the pain levels. With the help of this, you can take further actions on how to reduce the pain of your patient.
5. The head of the patient should be elevated at 30 degrees or 35 in order to avoid any discomfort.
6. Prevention of hemodynamic instability is essential. Monitor the blood pressure every 2 to 4 hours and if it rises too much, call for a ventilator ambulance in Chandigarh if you are a home care nurse.
7. Educate the family of the patient about the ventilator and what they shouldn’t do to avoid any hazards. Make sure only professionals touch the equipment!
Follow these incredible care tips to keep your patient away from more health issues.