IAP Fellowship for Doctors NNF Fellowship for Doctors NNF Fellowship for Nurses
NNF Fellowship in Neonatology
Our Neonatal unit is awarded level II-B accredited by NNF (National Neonatology Forum). NNF fellowship in Neonatal training commencing every year in the month of January and September.
NNF fellowship in Neonatology for Doctor – Two seats (Eligibility : MD/DNB/DCH in pediatrics with good exposure of NICU)
NNF fellowship in Neonatology for Nurses – Four seats (Eligibility : B.Sc. /GNM with at least 02 years of experience)
IAP Neonatology Fellowship Program
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of our institution is recognized Neonatology chapter of Indian Academy of Pediatrics for IAP-Neonatology Fellowship Program every year commencing from January/ July.
Any student of Indian nationality who has completed the M.D. or D.N.B course in Pediatrics from a recognized University in India is eligible for this one-year fellowship program. At the time of application the trainee would have to produce a bonafide certificate from the Head of Department of Pediatrics of his / her institution where he / she has completed the post graduate training in Pediatrics, along with photocopies of the post graduate degree from the University concerned with the original degree for checking. All the trainees joining the Neonatology fellowship program shall work as Full Time Residents during the period of training for one year.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is accredited by National Neonatology Forum of India.
IAP-Neonatology Chapter recognized our institution in November 2010 for IAP-Neonatology Fellowship Program for two candidates every year commencing from January/ July. The Neonatology Chapter of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics is a subspecialty chapter of the Academy, which deals with academic, scientific and community activities conducted by the Academy for the care of newborn babies in the country. Beginning 2010, the Chapter started one-year Fellowship in Neonatology with the purpose of providing specialized training in Neonatology to students who have completed their post graduation in Pediatrics. The program will be conducted for candidates who are employed fulltime, as resident doctors, for a period of one year, in the institution, and the institution will conduct the training to be followed by Central examination
Goal of Fellowship
The goal of Neonatology Fellowship program is to provide specialized training in Neonatology to produce competency in all the various fields of medical management of neonatal infants (infants below the age of one month), by obtaining specialized training in Institutions that have specialized Neonatology departments with a Tertiary Level Care Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, over a stipulated period of one year, i.e. twelve months.
These specialists will be capable of providing subsequent such care of neonates in the community as well as clinical tertiary care centers. They shall recognize the health needs of the community and carry out professional obligations ethically and in keeping with the objectives of the National Health Policy
Objective of Fellowship Program
After completing the Neonatology Fellowship course the trainee will be able to
- Provide primary, secondary, and tertiary care to all newborn infants including intensive care of a high standard to the critically sick neonates and very low birth weight infants using advanced therapeutic and supportive modalities and skills. In this regard:
- He / she will also be able to effectively plan therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive & promotive measures or strategies.
- He / she will have the ability to set up level II and level III Neonatal units independently.
- He / she will be able to take rationale decision in the face of ethical dilemmas in perinatal â€“neonatal diseases.
- He / she will demonstrate empathy & humane approach towards patients & their families & exhibit
- He / she will exhibit communication skills of high order and demonstrate compassionate attributes in the field of Neonatology.
- He / she will use and maintain the essential neonatal equipment and keep abreast with advances in neonatal care technology.
- The trainee will implement a comprehensive follow up and early intervention program for the â€œAt riskâ€ newborn infants, and plan, counsel and advice rehabilitation of the neurodevelopmentally and physically challenged infants.
- The trainee will be able to seek analyze new literature and information on Neonatology, update the concepts, and practice evidence based Neonatology. Demonstrate adequate managerial skills.
- Participate in the community programs and at the secondary level of health system and play the assigned role in the national programs aimed at the health of mothers and their infants.
- He / she would work as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team consisting of obstetricians, neonatologists, pediatric surgeons, other doctors, nurses and grassroots functionaries providing care to the pregnant mother, the fetus and newborn in any setting of health care system.
Neonatal ICU of Chaitanya Hospital is a 20 bedded tertiary level unit well equipped with state of the Art equipment to provide high quality and sophisticated intensive care to critically sick new born babies. It is accredited by National Neonatology Forum. The unit has six ventilators with facility of High Frequency Ventilation. There is Giraffe omnibed to take care of extremely low birth weight babies. There is inhouse provision of Colour Doppler, Ultrasound, Blood gas analyses and laboratory services. There is next door availability of MRI, CT Scan and round the clock laboratory services. The unit has advanced ambulance fully equipped to transport neonates upto a distance of 250 km. the transport team includes pediatrician and trained nursing staff.
Our NICU is managed by a team of highly experienced consultant and dedicated nursing staff.
Prof. Anil Narang (H.O.D. Neonatology)
Dr. Anil Narang is former Professor & Head of Pediatrics & Neonatology PGIMER, Chandigarh. He is one of the senior most and widely respected consultant in the field of Neonatology. Introduction of DM Neonatology. He is academician and teacher par excellence and his students are establishing and managing Neonatal ICUs all over the country and abroad. He has been a member of various advisory and decision making committees of Government including MCI Ethical committee.
Dr. Neeraj Kumar (H.O.D. Pediatrics)
Dr. Neeraj Kumar is alumnae of Christian Medical College Ludhiana and PGIMER Chandigarh. He has two decades of experience as Consultant Pediatrician with special interest in ambulatory pediatrics
Dr. Vivek Walia (Sr. Consultant, Pediatrics)
Dr. Vivek Walia has done his MBBS from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana. He did his MD in Pediatrics from PGI, Chandigarh in 2002. He has special interest in Pediatric & Neonatal Intensive care
Dr. Ashish Dharmik (Pedia. & Neonatal Surgeon)
Dr Ashish Dharmik has done his MS & MCH from PGI, Chandigarh. He has successfully managed critically ill babies in Neonatal and Pediatric surgical I.C.U. Including those requiring ventilatory support. He has done pediatric surgical cases like trauma, pediatric tumors and urological disorders
The stipend is according to the recommendations by the management. There is no additional fee taken. The selection criteria are strictly on merit basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As fixed by institute, they will be required to perform such work as may be needed in the legitimate interest of patient care, teaching, training and research.
The institute has a well equipped library with facilities for learning of library books & journals, photocopying, interest accessories for literature research etc.
The students have direct access to international textbooks, journals and clinics through our annual subscription to medical library.
The institute has a well equipped seminar room with projection and multi modern facilities.
Details of Interview process
Practical examination and interview is conducted by panel of consultants. No written examination is taken.
For more details regarding last date of application form and interview
date please call on the following numbers: 0172-5088088, 2604613