There are countless reasons that you feel dizzy when pregnant. Most of the times, it is a reaction due to nausea, vomiting, empty stomach else morning sickness. Since your hormonal levels are changing and there are so many things happening inside your body, you are prone to dizziness. During your last trimester, the baby can press on a large vein known as vena cava which can lead to light-headedness.
Most of the times, your dizziness is temporary, but if it often occurs and lasts for a long time, you should meet the best gynecologist in Chandigarh for support.
What could it be?
- Feeling like fainting can be a symptom of problems during pregnancy like preeclampsia. Other than this, it can also be an unhealthy lifestyle that is causing you to faint often.
- It is unsafe to live with dizziness as it is putting an impact on your health and damaging your baby too. Whatever happens to you can affect the baby, so keep in mind to get it checked by a doctor.
- When you have a poor diet else iron deficiency, you can be dizzy due to anemia. You can have a premature baby, and they could have thalassemia their entire life.
- Habits like alcohol, drugs, or tobacco consumption during pregnancy make your body weak and are unsafe too. When you have a weak system, you are prone to several health hazards such as dizziness or even epilepsy. Do not take your health lightly when you are pregnant and always visit your gynecologist in Chandigarh for regular checks.
What to do?
- Do not stand for too long or work too much
- Relax and get plenty of sleep as you will often be tired.
- Make sure you are eating regular meals and not going out in the sun too much
- Drink fluids and wear comfortable clothes. When lying down, pick your left side as it is comfortable.
- Try avoiding driving or lifting anything heavy.
During your first and last week of pregnancy, you may suffer from dizziness as you are getting tired but if you have it constantly, get a checkup quickly.