As cliché as it may sound, childbirth is complicated. The care before and after you deliver the baby is extremely crucial, not just for you as a mother, but also for the newborn. Selecting between the best maternity hospitals can be a bit complicated, which is why we have listed a few tips that may come in handy.
- Consider the facilities. Believe it or not, not all hospitals are well-equipped to handle delivery cases. Just having a regular delivery room and a pool of doctors is no enough. You need a maternity hospital that has a NICU at the very least.
- Check for ambulance. Right after you experience the first contractions, it is necessary to call up an ambulance, and the hospital you choose should have one. Not all hospitals have a long-distance ambulance that’s well-equipped to handle delivery cases, so check for that, as well.
- Credible gynecologists and pediatricians. When you deliver your baby, you need a team of experienced and known gynecologists around, and that’s an aspect that should not be ignored. In the same way, your baby will need at least one pediatrician right after delivery to check everything. The best delivery hospitals are well-prepared for the child and mother.
- Ability to handle emergencies. In case of premature birth and other complications, the hospital should have the necessary infrastructure to handle the situation. In such times, every second counts, so make sure that the hospital is reliable in that context.
- Affordable. Eventually, not everyone can afford high-end luxury hospitals, so make sure that the hospital is affordable. To be fair, it’s best to look for an option that you can pay for, because affordable can mean different things to different people.
Check online now to find the best gynecologist in Chandigarh, and before your delivery, take an appointment to understand things better.