Parenting comes with a set of challenges, and no one can ever prepare you for the experience. Selecting the right pediatrician for your child is probably one of the toughest decisions, and before you take the call, it is necessary to ask the right questions. In this post, we bring a list of questions that must be answered.
- What are the facilities available? Most pediatricians work with hospitals or have their own clinics, at least in India, and as a parent, you must know the facilities that are available for emergencies.
- What are the qualifications and educational background of the doctor? As a prospective frequent visitor, worrying parents have the right to ask if the doctor is a known one. Don’t shy away from seeking specific details.
- Is the doctor available for emergencies? There are selected hospitals that have doctors on call 24 hour, and if you are selecting a pediatrician specifically, you need to check if the doctor will be available for handing emergencies beyond office hours.
- Does the doctor advice on parent, pediatric care, vaccination and other aspects? The role of a pediatric doctor is not confined to just curing diseases. They are expected to be communicative with regards to the dos and dos of pediatric care and should offer additional information when required.
- How friendly are the staff members? Besides the doctor, you may need the assistance of staff members at the hospital for various reasons, and you need to know if the atmosphere of the hospital is good for you and your child.
If you are looking for NICU at Chandigarh or need to find a pediatrician, who has years of experience and expertise with children, check online now. The right hospital can change the way you look at parenting and aspects related to medical care for children.